Experience Reduces Risk
Capgemini has an unequaled track record of successful innovation and delivery in the utilities industry.
Our clients benefit from our longstanding relationships with an ecosystem of technology partners that includes: Cisco, GE Energy, HP, Intel, Itron, Landis+Gyr, Oracle, SAP AG and Trilliant.
Capgemini and many of the partners listed above are founding members of the Smart Energy Alliance (SEA) formed in 2006.
Practical, Working Smart Energy Solutions
Capgemini’s Smart Energy Services (SES) are already making a difference for utilities around the world.
Our Smart Metering experts help you implement:
- Grid monitoring and control processes to improve reliability, quality and security
- Enhanced tariff capabilities, enabling customers to make choices, change behavior and lower consumption
- Measures to reduce the operational costs of meter reading and maintenance
Our SES Platform is an off-the-shelf solution that enables different players in the smart metering environment to talk to each other. This includes utility enterprise resource planning (ERP) and billing systems, meter data management systems, material logistics systems, field services and customer call centers. The SES Platform is the only proven end-to-end integrated workflow engine that manages the entire smart metering lifecycle, from program planning, meter rollout and operations through maintenance.
For Water Utilities, our Smart Water Services Platform (SWS Platform) is a unique off-the-shelf solution to deploy and manage Radio Water Meters and networks.
With our Smart Grid solutions, you can:
- Optimize assets with 2-way communications and advanced applications management
- Increase energy efficiency and minimize CO2 emissions by reducing line loss
- Improve reliability with enhanced situational awareness and outage management services
Our Smart Home technologies provide:
- Customer-controlled appliance and energy management
- Flexible and cost-effective utility demand-response programs
- Distributed and alternative generation management and dispatching programs
Smart Sustainable Cities is Capgemini’s integrated, cross-domain offer to enable cities, citizens and institutions to meet the challenges of urbanization, including the increased need for cost, space and resource efficiency. It provides:
- Lower energy consumption in the home as well as commercial/public buildings
- Smart metering and smart grid programs
- Integration of electric vehicles and renewable energy into the grid
Smart Vehicle is Capgemini’s offer to enable the adoption of smart and sustainable transport infrastructure and vehicles and integrate them into the wider smart, sustainable economy. This solution:
- Embeds and integrates electric vehicles (EVs) into every part of the evolving Smart Grid
- Finds new energy and working efficiencies and promotes a lifecycle approach to energy sharing and recycling between home, workplace and transportation
- Develops a future-proof, efficient energy ecosystem including the evolution of the ancillary and support ecosystem around smart, sustainable transport solutions
Capabilities across the Board
Laying the Groundwork for Continual Transformation
We partner with you to develop a compelling business case for change, while ensuring regulatory compliance. Our focus on risk-management guarantees reliable solutions and support. Our commitment to research and development means that you benefit from the latest technological innovations.